Adsense Indonesia

Riding Your Bike to a Slimmer Waist

Labels:



In the carbon-emission conscious society that I find myself in today I see great benefits in trading my car for a bicycle. I save money on gas, my carbon footprint is greatly reduced, and now I can finally start burning off all of the fallafel sandwiches that I've been eating.
I built my own Schwinn road bike using salvaged parts that I found at my local bicycle cooperative. It took me two weeks to find all of the parts and to get the bike into working order and I did it all without adding to the waste by buying a new model when there are plenty of neglected used bikes.
While you can just hop onto your bike and start pounding the pedals and be successful in losing weight you're efforts will be more effective if you keep a few simple things in mind:
1. You need to ride everyday to see benefits
You can't ride your bike a few days out of the month and expect to lost that twenty pounds that you've been meaning to. As your riding experience increasing and your cardiovascular health improves you can gradually increase the distance and/or speed that you travel.
2. Don't let the weather run the show
If you live in a place like I do (Phoenix, Arizona) you won't have to worry most of the year; however, if you live somewhere that gets visited by the cold or rain often be sure to plan for it and dress accordingly. I ride every day, rain, snow, sleet, heat wave, etc.
3. Pair cycling with a healthy diet
For maximum effectiveness in losing weight, regardless of the form of exercise, you need to burn off more calories than you are consuming. You can keep track of your caloric intake and then plan your ride's intensity and distance accordingly, or you can do what I do and simply cut back on the meat and dairy products that you consume. Meat and dairy is the main contributor of fat and cholesterol in most people's diets and luckily is also one of the easiest things to cut back on (and it saves you money, too!).
4. Vary the terrain that you ride on
Riding uphill and in mountainous terrain makes your muscles work much harder than simply cruising on flat pavement in the city. You can add in uphill rides and off-road riding to your routine for added muscle building and fat burning power. I try to get in equal amounts of street riding and off-road riding to shape and tone as well as to burn extra calories.

sumber : ezine

keyword : informasi kesehatan,tips kesehatan, artikel kesehatan,riding your bike to a slimmer waist





0 comments:

Post a Comment